... I wrote tonight, right after I back home from the cinema. And yes, haha, that was exactly what I thinked and felt that moment :) Like, OMG it's SOOO LATE! I have to wake up after coming 5 HOURS and go to work, while I'm SOOO TIRED! @____@
Now... avowe what you was thinking about, when you red that post? ;)
One way or another, you are probably curious now, what was the film I decided to watch and back so late from the cinnema during working week. Don't worry, I will tell you :)
Actually it was a block of 3 films and one short lecture. All of them about bikes! :)
Everything as a part of Transatlantyk Music and Film Festival, which is go on now in Poznań...
I thought I won't join to the Festival, as I have no time, etc. But when I get known about this block...
Well, I just had to go! (and even try to catch the free tickets). Of course I called to my friend, who's bike courier, as soon as I get information about those films.
And this is how it worked - I found the information, he went to hunted the tickets :) By bike, obviously :) That's what one can call great cooperative or a good crew...
But.. back to the movies.
First was "Murder of Couriers" by Tom McLeod and Neill Brill, which had in fact its european premiere on this Festival.
It was a very good film, even I can't agree with all comments, ideas or points of view... At last, makers of that movie, focused only at one community of bike couriers. So in my opinion, they shouldn't generalize with some opinions or statements they said about all that culture or style of being... Anyway yes, it is a good film. It show the main point and the essence of that kind of biking, but also its dark side which is often a part of it (not always, as move makers wanted to convince us maybe). Must say, I loved the small episode about the man called Mr. Bun.. it was just scetched, but it touch something very important.
And.. oh yeah! The fragment when guys put into practice a crazy idea, they thinked up once in toilet... and they make a game "Where is Wally?". It's masterly and ingenious! :D
You can see a part of it in 2 trailers here:
"Where's Wally?" game - look about time 2:37 ... ;)
/I choosed those twoo trailers as in my opinion they show the style and idea of that film the best/
Second film, Cycle me home, it was filmed trip of hungarian student, who decided to back home after finnish study. Back by bike. To Budapest. From Madrit, where he was studing. Move was quite nice, I mean pictures was nice and I liked a music very much, which suited to individual frames very well... But must say that the main character irritated me. Well, he just looked on young quite bumptious coxcomb... and thst kind of people just irritate me :P
http://vimeo.com/37911956
But there was one funny thing in whole that situation, we came with my friend-courier on that film.
Actually, we saw it about month ago, at special bike-topic-meeting in one club. But the room was so full of people when we came there, that the only seats left was behind some pillar. So yes, we saw that film before... but with pole in main role :P What's mean we saw almost nothing, except that pole in the middle of the screen.. So in some way, yesterday we felt as we are watching totally new/different movie! ;)
And the lastone, With my own two wheels. A beautiful, great and very searious movie, which show in simply way - how a bike can change someone's life for better. It was few short stories of real people from India, Africa,
America... That film remind you again about disparities in conditions of life in world, about ecological and health problems, about poverty... but also give you a rise of hope that there are things we can change by common efforts and leave a smile at your face.
More about it and also a film you can watch by yourself, here:
http://worldbicyclerelief.org/programs/withmyowntwowheels
That's all. I'm very happy I could watch those movies, even we back home so late and get up today and survive at work.. was a challenge! ;) But...
I like bike movies. Did you know? :)
O____o
OdpowiedzUsuń